The first indication came when Spark! Charleston sent a message to the residents that the building would be closing at the end of the year. It’s located in a tiny strip mall and there are several vacancies. My understanding is the owner is going to combine some of these spaces and then rent them out to larger tenants.
This is left me without an office.
At first, it seemed like this wouldn’t be a big deal. I’d work from home and not feel guilty about spending money on rent. Plus, with a baby coming in May I thought it would be a waste to have an office space sit empty while I went on maternity leave.
After a few weeks of working from home again, I’ve changed my mind. Having a desk outside the home is key to my business and personal success. Here’s what I’m looking for:
- A shared office in downtown Charleston, Mt. Pleasant or Daniel Island
- Nothing fancy, just a desk will do. I don’t need a real office or even a cubicle.
- Reasonable (read: cheap) Rent
- Access to the building 24/7 because my work schedule isn’t 9-5
- Pro-entrepreneur environment
If you have any ideas I’d love to hear them. Leave a comment or email me at alesya (at) alesyabags.com.